Friday, February 23, 2024

Two Hearts

 


This is my Rug of Two Hearts. I was able to get this far just using up worms, or some call them noodles. It's used up a good amount of browns and neutrals. That blue is the same blue I used in the 1868 rug. I tried a darker greyish blue but it looked blah. I plan to work some blues into the border so that the blue heart isn't the only use of that color.



I like how the border is turning out. I like scrappy quilts and scrappy rugs. 

I've been working on this rug a little bit every day. My grandson was home sick with me last Thursday. He ended up with a temperature of 107' that evening. Turns out he has influenza A. I got sick on Saturday. The cough has been horrendous. I don't feel like doing much.  A little hooking, a little sewing, lots of resting, lots of watching TV, little bit of housework. That's my plan for again today. 

It is only 7 weeks until the total solar eclipse. I live in an area that will experience a total eclipse. I am so excited. I sure hope we have decent weather that day. 

Be well my friends, Sue 

3 comments:

  1. Your rug is looking awesome, as all your work does. Good grief, 107 temperature is high and I'd have been scared to death. Sorry you are now sick so take it easy and and don't push yourself. The dust bunnies will still be there when you are 100% so you can do that then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe what a fast hooker you are!!! Two hearts is truly going to look like an antique rug!!!
    I hope Mac is finally better...and you, too.
    Northern Ohio is going eclipse crazy. The number of people expected to head here is insane. They are telling us local travel will be crazy to be sure to stock up on food, gas for your car and to not schedule doctor appointments, etc for a few days before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the neutrals in this rug. You are doing a great job! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Project on Hold. Again.

 Have you ever had to put a project on hold because you can't find all the needed items at the same time.?? Like this animal purse. When...