Wednesday, January 13, 2021

So long rug camp

 A typical off the ocean rug camp is only 5 days. It starts Friday night with a meet and greet. The real hooking begins on Saturday, and then we hook like crazy through Tuesday. They say it last til Wednesday at noon, i think. But most folks,  and even one teacher, pack up and leaves on Tuesday evening. Me..well I stay to the end. I've had several different teachers, but my favorite has been Bev Conway. She's sweet, and smart, and has a great eye for color. This is how far I am so far.





.

Basically just have the kitty and background to do. I'm running low on the brown for the background. But as in the picture they filled in with a lighter shade of brown. I think they just worked with what they had. And over the years the colors have faded. And they fade differently. I have a slightly lighter brown to work with. It won't be quite like the original, but definitely still a beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...