Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Still plugging along

 I'm still working on my rug, just at a much slower pace. And I had a helper today. This is my princess cat, Lucy. She's not the lovey type of cat, unless she wants loved on. But overall she's a pretty good cat. About eight years ago a friend asked me take her. Her daughter had brought the cat home without asking, and she didn't want it. She took her to the vet, got her shots and fixed, and i picked her up from the vet the next day. Poor Lucy. Hurting from surgery, then had to meet my me, and my dog. Must have been a terrible day for her.

Here's my progress so far. As I've said, I like it even better each day.





I decided to pull out the multicolored berries, and go for a brighter red. But this wool is so thick it is hard to pull up the loops. I'll look through my stash here, i don't know if i have more red. If not, it will have to wait until spring. Today was so very nice outside, sunshine and 55. My Ohio neighbor is here. She winters in Florida, and stopped for the night. It's been good to visit. I live way out in the boondocls, so no neighbors. Church activities have been minimal due to covid, same even with friendly get togethers. No quilt guild meetings, no sewing days with our sewing group. I miss everyone. Some days get pretty lonely. Good thing i have my pet babies. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...