Saturday, March 18, 2023

Thinking about Spring

 Just thinking about spring. I'm just thinking, because it's snowing, great big and pretty flakes. Hopefully it won't snow much. I've got the wood burner going. It's a toasty 77' in the house. This is my second full winter here since moving back from south central Georgia. It's already spring there with the daffodils and azaleas blooming. I do miss Georgia in the winter. But I love my family more. And they are here. My little grandson still tells me, " I missed you so much when you were gone". Bless him. 

Here's a picture of my daffodils and tulips. I do have a couple primroses blooming, even though they are dusted with snow. 




The bunnies have been nibbling at my tulips. Those bad bunnies.

Last week it was a little bit warmer. I went to our county's compost facility and bought a truckload bed of black leaf compost. It's supposed to be great for the garden. Mac and I put in over all the garden area and I still have about 2/3s of a truck bed full. Looks like the flower beds are getting it too.







Mac is not here today, so these are my pals for today. 


Henry

.

Daisy



And Lucy. She so kindly waited in the house for us.

Spring will be here soon. Well actually Spring is here. Now to get the weather to cooperate. 

Blessings on your day, Sue



1 comment:

  1. Thankfully in my neck-of-the-woods in lower Delaware I only had a dusting of snow and it didn't stick. Daffodils have flowers all over my yard, daylilies are popping up but no flowers on them yet. Also forsythia blooms have arrived so it is pollen season here already.

    ReplyDelete

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...