Wednesday, July 26, 2023

A Finish

 







Well at least I'm finished with the hooking part of the Warm Friendship rug. After I got going it was hard to stop. I ended up using more gold than I had intended, but I ran out of neutrals. I used up a lot of worms (or noodles) hooking this rug. I really would like to add a braided edging. I know how to braid, kind of, but I don't know how to make the two ends meet up without a huge lump. If I do add a braid it'll be done with dark brown, red, and tan. Yesterday I steamed it and now it sits and waits. Just like the Low Country Garden floral rug.

I know several of you add a label. I've not ever done that. It would be kinda nice, as many of my rugs I simply don't remember the pattern name or designer.  So ... Are you a labeler or not??

We're expecting really bad weather. However, the last two times they issued a severe thunderstorm warning we barely got any rain at all. Y'all hunker down and take care.

Sue 

4 comments:

  1. Great rug. I am sure there
    are youtube videos showing how to connect the braid
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that rug design and you did a great job. Isn't it wonderful to use up all those worms? Actually it was that design which inspired me to make the rug with the words "use it up wear it out make do or do without".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Sue!!! I wish I was brave enough to try to hook a rug like that.
    We did have a thunderstorm come through earlier and got some rain, but not nearly as bad a predicted. Chance of more tonight. We can use it.
    Yes. All my rugs are labeled. (Not as cool as Saundra's labels.)
    Whew. Maybe 5 years ago I was on a labeling craze. I must have had 40 hooked pieces needing labels. Some were small but nonetheless needed to be labeled. If it wasn't for my blog, I never could have done it. Thankfully I had posted all of them on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun, sunny, happy, rug! You hooked that quickly! Labels..well? Kinda sorta?? I think I have labeled a total of 3?? I love the idea but, ideally, you should print 6 labels at a time and I am not that prolific of a hooker so I tend to get neglectful when I do finish a rug. Now, mind you...that is really an excuse as I have many, many, rugs and mats I hooked in the past that were never labeled. I could/should do those but I don't recall when they were hooked and, worse yet, the name or designer of the rug in some cases. I admire Saundra's and Lauren's dedication to the task. We were to get thunderstorms yesterday and today again but nada happened - just oppressive heat. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...