Saturday, July 22, 2023

Miss Lucy

 


This is my Princess Cat Lucy. When she wants attention she's very friendly, but most of the time she's that typical aloof cat. She mostly stays inside. She's a fair weather cat. If it's too hot (over 80) or too cold (under 40) she's inside. Kinda like me. I think the hawks also scare her. Sometimes they are circling and screeching overhead. 

Last month I had a mouse in the house. Was she any help? NO!!! But she did bring home a baby rabbit, a chipmunk, and a bird. I guess she can only hunt outdoors. Silly girl.

Lucy came to me while living in Georgia. My friend's daughter brought her home. She did not want her. All I asked was "is she fixed". And just like that Lucy became mine. My friend sent her to the vet for a checkup and spay. I picked her up on a Tuesday morning from the vet's office. That was 12 years ago.

I've noticed this past year her face has changed. I guess she's getting older, again just like me. 


4 comments:

  1. My Siamese cat Pyewacket (yeah after the movie "Bell Book and Candle") was a huntress inside as well as outdoors. She lived to be over 22 years of age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Lucy is absolutely adorable!!!
    I always hated when my indoor/outdoor cat brought treasures home to share with me. Once she snuck half a baby bunny in the house. I did not handle that well at all ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....Princess Lucy is precious! I'm always a sucker for a fluffy kitty. Ack, who am I kidding? I'm always a sucker for ANY kitty. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Tundra was a puppy I had vultures circling overhead outside. I brought him in right away. Your Lucy is a precious kitty. She was meant to be yours. Janice

    ReplyDelete

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...