Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Cottage and Apple Tree Rug

  • This is the rug I'm currently working on. It's an antique reproduction that I asked Saundra of Woodland Junction to draw up for me. I'm working off a picture, but want to make some changes. 
I've enjoyed working on this rug for the most part. I didn't plan out the changes very thoughtfully or thoroughly and that has slowed me down. The blue in the background was a skirt and it's been hooking up really nicely. Sometime I find the repurposed wool to be thin or just not the right color. This is perfect. 



I've kept both birds as drawn, but changed the colors adding a bit of pink into each of them.


Apples on the apple tree.


Bird two and a willow tree.


This spot was originally a turkey. I asked my artsy granddaughter to make it a dog instead. But it won't be this sheepdog looking thing. I've also considered putting a chicken here.


And it's Daisy approved. 


As I get towards the end of one project I start planning the next. Next for me is a large one, the 1868 roses rug. I've been buying wools for years to look this one. I bought lots of darker blues. I forgot about the reds. I plan on going to Wool Yankees in Wellington Ohio on Saturday. I hope to meet up with friend Lauren, of Rugs and Pugs. Sounds like a fun day.

Enjoy this great weather.
Sue

6 comments:

  1. Great work and you're coming along in a pretty good clip. Just to let you know, I often make changes to patterns. You have to live with it so needs to be you ~ besides, Daisey already approved it. I'm sure you and Lauren will have a great time buying wool and/or antiques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am not a fan of pink but am loving your rug. Maybe it is just my computer screen. LOL However if Daisy approved thats all that matters. Saundra does a fabulous job on creating patterns. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is looking great! And Daisy approved. Lucky you spending time with Lauren
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Daisy is giving us the stink eye!!!
    Rug is looking great. That blue is perfect.
    See you Saturday ;-)

    ReplyDelete

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...