Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Camp Rug

 Rug Camp with Maria Barton was a bust for me. She was great, and sweet, and smart. Did you know she'd been a judge, now recently retired? It's nothing on her part. After working on it for 2 days I realized I didn't want it to be so pastel looking. 

Here's where I was on the last day of camp.


And here's where I'm at now.


I started ripping out the pink flowers, then the purple flowers, then that bird, and the other bird, and a third bird. I kept the fourth one. She suggested and drew a house/cabin. Said to hook it as a cabin. I'm not sure. Does the house look too big?? For now it's in time out. 

I was going to work on it at the hook-in I'm attending with Lauren. We're headed to Shipshewana, Indiana. It doesn't sound like  huge event, of which I am glad. You'd never know it, but I'm kinda shy around strangers.  I haven't decided if I'll work on an askew rug or a turkey rug. I have til tomorrow to figure it out. 


This is Lauren's askew rug.


1847 Turkey. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes I knew she was a Judge and recently retired and I've had those camps with a great teacher yet my project a bust, happens on occasion. Glad you decided on something that makes you happy for the center. Seems you're on the right track and have a plan so the rest should be a piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria is so much fun. Happy you had a great class even though the rug did not work out as planned. I can't believe how much you tore out ;-(

    ReplyDelete

Fall is upon us

 The nights are cooler, the days waiver between hot and chilly. I've built a couple fires in the wood burner. I have used the AC this we...