Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Nutty

  My newest creation, just in time for fall. And fall it is. The weather is cooler, especially at night. It's been getting into the 30s. it will be time to head south soon.
  Anyways, back to my rug. The pattern is called Nutty, a Cactus Needle pattern. It turned out so stinking cute. The tail was hooked with fuzzy yarn and a variegated ribbon, both found at the thrift store for less than a dollar each. I love thrifting. The raised areas in the acorn are small wool balls I picked up at the Sauder Village rug show - last year. It takes me longer to plan a rug than to hook it.
  Here in Ohio there are plenty of other hookers, meetings, places to buy supplies. But once I get to Georgia there's no one. And I mean no one. Well there is, but they are
2 1/2 hours away, so it just doesn't happen. I pretty much live in the middle of nowhere. But I do love it. No neighbors, no HOA. Simple country living.
a quick pic of my youngest grandson. What a cutie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...