Monday, December 2, 2019

Crown Royal

     My son's girlfriend (and Mac's mom) asked me to make a new quilt for them. One that was big enough for them all too sleep under together and still be covered. She suggested 120" square . I gasped. I've not made anything that big. Could I handle it? Could my longarmer handle it? She said no. The widest she can do is 105" , but it could be longer. Okay then. Now on to colors. She said brights. I can do that. Then they brought me over some Crown Royal bags and asked if i could incorporate them into a quilt. I scoured Pinterest, and came up with this.


The Ohio stars have a bit of color using aquas, greens, purples and grays. The alternating blocks will be double 9 patches. I haven't decided on the border yet. I think it will be lovely.
     It's much cooler here today, only 45' now with a high of 52'. I felt like whining. So I looked up Ohio's weather, 34' now, high of 38', snow starting in 4 minutes. And just like that, poof, no more urge to whine. Well at least about the weather. No snow here, thank goodness.
     Have a great day, even if i is snowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...