Tuesday, January 19, 2021

A new quilt



I'm still hooking some every day, just at a much slower pace. I brought the pieces of this quilt with me in hopes to complete the top before heading back to Ohio. I fell in love with this fabric when I saw it in the shop. It is called Remix. The pattern is one of those little postcard patterns, called Neighborhood Blocks. I've got half of it sashed,  the rest is sewn in rows, just need to add sashing to three more rows and then join the rows together. Hopefully that part will be completed in the next couple days. Then I'll have to pick something that will for the first border. I want just a slim little something something to go between the purple and the final border. I hope I can find something here at the ranch.

The nearest store that has fabric is Joamn's, and that's 18 miles away. I do live out in the boondocks. It's 15 miles to my town, and then there's not much there. A Dollar General, CVS, and a Piggly Wiggly. And town the other direction is 12 miles. But they have a Krogers, and a Walmart.  No running to town for a forgotten grocery item or a quick burger. It makes me plan my trips, which is good.

Have a good evening. Be safe.

Sue

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...