Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Crown Royal

 I recently finished my Crown Royal quilt. It turned out great. 

My new daughter-in-law gave me a huge sack of Royal Crown bags. Almost all were purple, with one lone black one and one green one. She asked I use bright colors, but other than that I could do whatever.  This quilt took me over a year. I got the top done, then it was too big, so I removed one row both horizontally and vertically. Then put on a piano key border. I kept thinking a would piece a back using those 18 leftover blocks. And I just didn't. It was getting closer to time to leave for Georgia, still no completed top. I used a 60% off coupon at Joann's and got a fat back. Then onto the quilters. I have a great longarm quilter, Diana Lake. Big shout out. So I finished the quilt, made shams for the first time, and a throw pillow with piping, first time for that too. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...