Friday, December 10, 2021

Quilting on a Friday





 I'm finally feeling better. Yay. So what did I do? I started working on a new quilt. This one will be for my new daughter-in-law. She said anything will do. But I quizzed her further, she likes blues and purples, nothing real fancy. I went through my scraps throwing in all the blues and purples, and even a bit of gray. I can see it now. It'll be scrappy of course.







  I really didn't need to start a new project. I have plenty of projects that need completed. Like 12-15 of them. I made a plan for next year. There's a blog that encourages quilters to make a list of their unfinished projects. Then once a month she draws out a number and you are to work on and hopefully complete that project. One a month sounds doable. One just needs binding, but it needs bias binding. I've never done that before. Some need quilted and bound. I don't quilt my own, too much strain on my back. Plus my quilter is very reasonable. Very. I like to piece the backs, it gets rid of a lot of fabric quickly. But two of these quilts have been waiting for at least two years. I suppose I'll buy some fat backs and get them off the list. I've added a list of 14 quilts that need finished. I really am hoping to get many of these off the UFO list.




  My nice neighbor just brought me a tin of Christmas cookies. Don't they look delicious? Yummo. Thanks Theresa. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...