Thursday, December 9, 2021

Time to be sewing for Christmas

   My son asked me (at last year's Christmas gathering) to make homemade stockings for his family. Of course I said yes. I had a whole year to make them. It is now the second week of December and I still need to make one more. I have three completed, they were the easier ones, my son picked a lone star pattern in neon colors, plus black. What?? For Christmas? It won't match the others. The lone star has been the only quilt project I gave up on.


 





I was fairly new at quilting and had taken a one day class at our local guild. But I just couldn't get the star to go together without a hump in the center. I ripped it out, three times, still a hump and now the fabric is stretched. and so I put it in the donation bin at the guild.

That was my Georgia guild. We had numerous teachers in the years I lived there. And I learned so much. My favorite teacher hands down is Bonnie Hunter. I love scrap quilts. Love, love, love. I mostly make scrap quilts. And mostly Bonnie Hunter quilts. 

When I moved to Ohio I tried out the local guild, and to be honest, they were quite snobby. After a couple visits I never went back. Bye bye snobby ladies. I do participate in a sewing/quilting group. We are not a guild, there's no dues or officers. Just nice ladies, like myself, who have a meeting once a month and have an informal sew in the next two days.



This was at sunrise this morning. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...