Saturday, September 24, 2022

Emerald City

   Emerald City is a quilt pattern designed by Bonnie Hunter. She is my favorite designer and I've made many of her design patterns. This is what it's supposed to look like.


  Here's where I am at.


  And this is after working on it some every day this month.  I have so many UFO's. I follow along with American Quilting Society UFO project. You make a list of your unfinished projects, then each month they choose a number and you work on that project. This month is Emerald City. I've been working on this for two, maybe three years. I thought I had it almost ready  to start sewing together, but I was mistaken. I had the green strip blocks done, and half the neutrals ( I thought I had them all done). Nope. I knew I needed more HST's. But I needed like 800 more, not just a few. Then onto cutting out hundreds of additional small pieces. The smallest is 1 1/2" . I am tired of looking at this project and plan to put it back in the box. I may finish it this year, then again, maybe I won't. I did order a fat back for it. I often piece the backing, but figured this one has enough small pieces that's it's going to be a heavier quilt. 

  Summer has left us. Literally. It was 86' on Wednesday, then got down in the 40's that night. Crazy Ohio weather. 

  New grandbaby will be here Thursday. They are naming him Kip, after my brother.    Kip Augustus. Will he be another redhead like his brother?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...