Monday, September 19, 2022

My sunflowers

 This year I planted two varieties of sunflowers. The first one has bloomed, faded, and I chopped it down. Literally. I didn't know their stems would be so thick. I could not pull the roots out. The second ones are even prettier, with multi colored petals. But the best part is the gold finches. They love these sunflowers. I get to see them everyday as they come to peck at the seeds. Did you know they even hang upside down to reach the seeds. At first all I noticed was a bird singing that I didn't recognize. I've never had gold finches come so close to the house. It's fun to watch.




Pretty, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...