Saturday, March 25, 2023

It's coming along

 The floral rug is a coming along. Here's where I'm at today. 



I've ripped out a couple more areas. It's really hard to make forward progress when I do that, but I think I finally have a plan. At least for most of it. I took out the iris looking flowers and added the two cone shaped flowers. I removed the one that was like a side view, and made a third rounded flower. I'm still trying to keep to the same color palette using rusts and blues.



I'm not sure what to put here. There are these bud like flowers. I just don't care for them. So... They've got to go. In all there are four areas with these in it. 


And here's my helpers for the day.


Thanks for stopping by. Sue





8 comments:

  1. Isn't it frustrating to feel no accomplishment when reverse hooking? That was what I feel when doing that and particularly with my 'forever floral'. It will be a long time before I hook another floral, me thinks. At least you have helpers.
    Hope my comment shows up this time on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dark background. It really set off the flowers.
    You have THE CUTEST helpers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful color! I always lean towards a darker background.
    Cute helpers
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hello Sue....I found you through Lauren from Rugs and Pugs....but your name is very familiar to me for some reason....I'm going to have to puzzle a while and figure out why. Anyways, your rug is coming along wonderfully. I admire those who are creative enough to change things up. When I do hook (rarely these days it seems), I usually stick pretty to the pattern, like it or not LOL. Happy Monday - hope your week is off to a great start. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS...I was going to try to follow your blog but do not see any place that allows me to do that? ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors you are using, this will be Beautiful !!! The girls sent me to check your blog out !!! Nice to see you !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you from Lauren's blog. Wonderful rug and love the colors! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue, I was sent here by Lauren but was surprised to find out I was on your blog after you commented on my blog not too long ago. Like Robin. I wanted to join your followers but there nowhere to join.

    You floral rug is looking great. I've been toying with the idea of having a floral rug just to have something to hook in between resting periods from my next rug. I have some wool that I would like to use up.
    I hope that you'll visit my blog again. Take care. Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

A Few Finishes

 I haven't been extremely motivated in the sewing and hooking department. Once gardening season starts all else goes on the back burner....