Thursday, March 30, 2023

Magdalena's Goat

 

  I fell I love with this rug when Saundra of Woodland Junction introduced it. She was still in the process of hooking it, and oh my, I loved, loved, loved it. She said she would not sell the pattern until.. Hmmm, I think she was letting someone else finish hooking it first. Maybe a relative of Magdalena?? Or the person who wrote the Magdalena book?? I can't quite remember. I think l ordered it just as soon as I could.






  I took the pattern to Off the Ocean rug camp in Jacksonville, Florida. My teacher was Katie Allman. I really didn't need much guidance on this one. I knew how I wanted it to look. A couple reverse hookings happened, as I used to a brown between the body and tail. It made him look like he was pooping. And that was not a good look. 

  I still love this rug. It hangs in my sewing room. And each time I look into my room, there he is. 



  I made him a companion piece done in the same style, Mr. Donkey. This was just a page from a coloring book. I like that they "look at each othet".

  I haven't gotten much done this week. Mac, my 5 year old grandson, is with me Mondays through Thursday while his folks work. He's my bestest pal. But today I also had both his siblings. Lexi is 14 and home sick with tummy issues (think vomiting). She pretty much took care of herself. I had her stay in her bedroom. The 6 month old, Kip, was here too. His regular sitter is also sick. It's going around. I sure hope I don't get it. 

  I was going to meet Lauren, ( Rugs and Pugs) on Saturday at our closest wool and hooking shop. But the shop owner decided not to be open this weekend. Luckily Lauren called to check. I think Lauren is about 40 minutes northeast of the shop. I am about 60 minutes southwest. We'll have to plan another day. It'll be good to see her.



  Until next time, have a wonderful day.  Sue


4 comments:

  1. Yes, that someone wasn't a relative but Evelyn Lawrence who did the research on and hooked all the rugs attributed to Magdalena and the Magdalena book. As soon as I saw that rug for sale on an auction site immediately emailed her, sent her a picture to confirm it was a Magdalena. She asked me to not sell the pattern or show mine until she had the opportunity to hook it first. Out of respect for her previous work I complied.
    You did a fantastic job on that and your Mr. Donkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good grandma!!! Hopefully you won't catch anything.
    LOVE your Magdalena's goat and what fun you made Magdalena's donkey. Both are very cool.
    Bummer about Saturday but hopefully we can get together soon.
    LOVE your furkids. Took a urine sample for mine today to the vet. I knew she had a UTI but was avoiding additional vet bills. The peeing everywhere finally convinced me. Poor baby ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome gramma! Hopefully you will not come down with anything. The goat and donkey are wonderful! Bummer on the shop closed, but I know you will meet up sooner than later. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rugs are Beautiful !!! You are a busy Grammie too ...hope you don't get sick , kids germs can knock off our feet ! Hope you can meet with friend to hook soon ! That is just so much fun !!!

    ReplyDelete

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...