Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Magdelena's Animal Purse

 


This is my purse that I'm working on. It's Magdalena 's Animals. The end is in sight. I rehooked the dog, it's blue now, and the duck is now purple. That looked pretty good, but now the beak looks too bright. So I rehooked using a lighter purple.


I'm finally happy enough with it to say the hooking is complete. I zigzagged the edges and trimmed the excess linen. Then I steamed it and now it is resting and drying for the next 24 hours. The next step will be to shape it and sew it into a purse. Connie Bradley is going to help me with the putting together and finishing. Connie is the owner of Wool Yankers in Wellington,Ohio. She has a really nice  shop, and Connie is so sweet. I 'll need to make the lining, sew the lining in place, finish the raw edge at the top, and add straps. I bought a purse at the thrift store just for the straps. I haven't decided if I'll leave it as an open top or somehow add a closure. Maybe Connie will help with that issue.

And I have three quilts at the longarmers ready for pick up, and two more to drop off. The binding is already made for 4 out of the 5. So I can show you those soon.

I hope your day is a good one. Sue


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I appreciate it.
    Your Magdalena project is looking great. I'm looking forward to seeing the purse finished.
    Take care,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just a quilting fool! I am sure they are all wonderful!!!
    Magdalena purse is going to be so cool. I don't mind the hooking, but it is the sewing part that I fall flat on. Connie definitely is the sweetest.
    A few posts down...the 1847 Turkey Rug is an Anne Nichols design. I hooked that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I have that pattern somewhere, or at least it looks very familiar. Maybe one day when my disaster of a wool room is cleaned up I'll find it.

    ReplyDelete

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...