Sunday, May 7, 2023

Hooking Update (it's about time!)

 Yesterday I finally made it to my nearest rug hooking shop, Wool Yankers, in Wellington Ohio. It is run and owned by the sweetest lady, Connie Bradley. Anyways, she helped me sew together the purse pattern I've been working on. For years. 





This pattern I bought many years ago from Woolley Fox. It is called Magdalena's Animals. I worked and reworked those animals. I probably should have put in beauty lines to outline the animals a bit. But to be honest, I'm tired of working on it. 



I got the handles off of a purse from Goodwill. I haven't decided if I'll use the two smaller straps or the single long strap. And I still need to make and install the lining. But I'm getting there. I can visualize it. 

Connie showed me how to sew it up. I have a few more stitches to go 




While waiting for my turn to pick Connie's brain and talent, I worked on my Low Country Garden rug. I finally realized my issue with this rug was the actual pattern. I ended up changing out many of the smaller flowers and simplified it. There was just too many different kinds of flowers that I just couldn't pull together. I'm almost done. I should be able to complete the hooking portion in a few more sessions. 



I don't hook when Mac is here. It's too boring for a 5 year old. He does like my sewing room. So I'm able to sew/quilt a bit almost every day. I mostly make quilts for the kids with diseases/disabilities who can attend a special summer camp that has doctors, nurses, and lots of medical equipment. For years I was a cancer nurse, then dialysis. So having a camp for kids with medical needs touches my heart. 



Daisy, my helper for the day.

Sue

3 comments:

  1. That purse is going to be so cool.
    Your rug is so much more beautiful in person. The background is perfect. You need to share a picture of the background wool in your next post...sooner rather than later...lol!
    And sweet Daisy...the stubborn cockapoo...I am sure she is a great help pulling worms from your rugs ;-)
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That purse is going to be spectacular and you'll wear it with pride. Your floral looks wonderful but your description brought back the heebie jeebies from when I hooked my 'forever floral'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purse will look fine once completed! I had a black Cockapoo growing up. My sister named him Blackie. He was such a sweet dog that lived to be 18. Love your rug too! Janice

    ReplyDelete

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...