Saturday, May 13, 2023

Yay!! It's Springtime

 I get so excited every spring. I love watching the flowers come up and bloom, the trees get their leaves, the spring birds are back and singing to me. I love spring. It's my favorite season. 



This is a work on progress. I have just had this fence installed last week. Because... Little Daisy is a runner. I'm so tired of chasing her, and apologizing to my neighbors. The first day she learned that she could repeatedly pounce on the back gate and it would open. So I've fixed that issue. The second day she figured out she could escape by going under the front gate. So I put rocks there. She moved the rocks, so I had to dig it out and add a wider step. Oh Daisy. She chews on my flowers. She sure keeps me busy. And not in a good way.


This flower garden was new last year. I moved some of the flowers in from other parts of the yard, Lauren of Rugs n Pugs gave me some, I bought some from my local "flower lady". She sells perennial starts for $1.50-$4.00. and a couple from the local nursery. I enjoy visiting the Mennonite nurseries the most.


I hurt my back working on this flower garden last year. It put me down for a couple weeks. Dr said it was sciatica. That's the worse pain I ever had, even worse than having back surgery. I couldn't even sit to go to the bathroom. Peed in a cup. Yep, bad times. But my lovely granddaughter helped out, as did two of my neighbors. Got my meds, made meals, pottied the dog. I only had Henry back then. 


So this area did not get many plants last year. I am adding many this year. Poppies, Asian lilies, canna lilies, iris, primroses just to name a few.


This is one side yard. Lexi and and dug out the lily of the valley flowers. They simply took over. Even the hostas became stunted.

So, did I ever tell you? Springtime is my favorite season. Now go plant something. 
Sue 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like Daisey is worse than a child going thru the 'terrible twos'. Don't think I know what breed Daisey is. Gardens look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Daisy is a little stinker!!! But does she make up for it in cuteness?
    Gardens are looking wonderful. I love seeing everything come up in the spring.
    A little TMI about your sciatica pain...lol!
    Happy Mother's Day, my friend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had sciatica before and I know the pain. I so love the Spring gardens too! Love yours too! Janice

    ReplyDelete

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...