Thursday, June 1, 2023

Best Laid Plans

 You know what they say about the best laid plans.. something may still go wrong .

I'm one day into this new rug and it has.  The red was too dark, the white is too fat. I've ripped out the red, it was a darker leaning towards purple side. I've replaced it with this brighter tomato red. It is much more to my liking. I had hoped to use up worms to outline the letters. That too is a big nope. They're too fat, meaning I'll have to cut some 4 strips. Not my favorite size to use.



This is day 2 of hooking.



I actually prefer a 6 for ease on my back, shoulder and wrist. But I like the look of an 8  1/2. I really like when the rows look they interlock. I haven't quite got that technique under my belt.






They're working on the new fence. It's going to be great to contain little Daisy. 

The weather has gotten quite a bit warmer. I've got most of my flowers and garden planted. I still want to add some cucumbers, pumpkins, carrots,  and maybe some beets. We shall see. 


My helpers for the day. 



5 comments:

  1. I can't see any difference between the two photos of your new pattern. Maybe in person I'd see a difference but not on my computer screen. No way I'd spend money on the fragments class or pattern. Plus I understand you must have a class with Sally first and then you'd be accepted into her fragments class. Which means you'd pay for two classes in order to take the class you really want. Besides, all you have to do is study antique rugs to know how to make a rug look old. Antique rugs are usually soiled, odd out of place textiles and colors are often placed randomly throughout because they 'had to make do with what they had'.
    Your new project is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saundra...that is not true. You do not have to take a class with Sally in order to sign up for the fragment class. They are totally separate.

      Delete
  2. Crud...I must have forgotten to hit publish on my other comment.
    Your rug looks great but like Saundra I do not see the difference in the red. I can't believe you reverse hooked all that already.
    Yard looks great!!!
    Sweet helpers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not see the difference in the colors. Both look fine to me. Your flowers are so pretty. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a heck of a lot of hooking for just 2 days....let alone adding in reverse hooking. Yikes! Your flowers are looking wonderful - lupines blooming already...wow! You have the cutest helpers. ~Robin~ (Think I missed the part about a fragments class?)

    ReplyDelete

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...