Monday, May 29, 2023

New Rug

 Okay, so not so new. I've had this pattern for two, maybe three years now. It is Warm Friendship, drawn up by Red Barn Rugs. I wanted it to have more lines and squiggles than as drawn, so I added in some.



I find starting a new rug the most difficult part. I want it to turn out like what is in my mind. I know, scary, right? Often I'm just winging it and deciding colors as I go. I do have a picture of this one and I'll use it as a guide. 









I went through my worms. I think I have enough  (and then some) to do all but the dark brown around the words. 



My helpers for the day, Henry and Daisy. 

Have a good day, Sue 

4 comments:

  1. That is a perfect design for using worms. And it is those odd colors which sometimes gives the rug that special spark. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should be a fun hook! Looking forward to seeing your interpretation of it. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great helpers you have there. I hate starting a new rug. Once I get going it makes my hooking go faster. Your new rug looks awesome! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the cutest helpers!!!
    I absolutely LOVE that pattern but am not brave enough to tackle it. I almost started it in one of my classes with Cathy, but chickened out. I am sure you will do it justice.
    BTW...I recognize that tote your worms are in ;-)

    ReplyDelete

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...