Saturday, July 15, 2023

Millersburg Rug Hooking Camp

 


This is my rug I hooked on at camp. Our teacher was Jan Cole. It was her first time ever teaching at a rug camp. And I have to say, she was wonderful. She was so kind, and helpful, and knowledgeable.  She's mostly known for her beautiful hand dyed wools. And beautiful they were. She specifically dyed the wools used in the house. She said they were not her typical colors but they look great. My pattern is an antique reproduction drawn up by Saundra of Woodland Junction. I've been very pleased with patterns from Saundra. They are always so well drawn out.

This camp was only two days so I didn't get a lot accomplished. I might put in a dog instead of the turkey. And I'm not sure of the three stars, or flowers, whatever is along the top border. I'm not a purist when hooking reproductions. I will change it to my liking. I'm just not sure what that is just yet.

Lauren had originally planned to go to this camp but she had another event come up. She made a cute little pouch using a pencil pouch. What's interesting is that we both purchased the same plaid wool. She used it in her flower and top trim, I used it for the big tree. 



Tomorrow I'm headed to Niagara Falls with two of my grandchildren and my ex-daughter-in-law. Yes, I get along with her, and also with my daughter -in-law. Each one is the mom to each of the kids. They are so excited. This will be my third time to the falls. It is within easy driving distance from where we live. Mac, the 5 year old wants to go to the ocean. He wants to see it, but doesn't want to swim in it because of the sharks. His folks are way into shark week. But maybe next year. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks much for the plug, lol. Feel free to change the rug to suit your liking, I do that all the time too. It looks fantastic, wonderful colors and great hooking..
    BTW, those dots and dashes are to show you where the color changes (those blotchy backgrounds I so love) for those folks who are weird like me and want it to resemble the antique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saundra does a great job on her patterns. Well worth it and I can draw. Loving the colors of your house and of course Lauren's purse is so awesome. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of progress for 2 days...but, of course, that is coming from the slowest hooker EVER! And, of course, I adore Lauren's purse/pouch.... Funny, that plaid wool looks so different in the two different pieces. Have a fun outing with the grands! I've never been there. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a wonderful wool! I am so happy I was able to buy another yard from Connie. You made great progress and the rug looks great!
    Safe travels. Niagara Falls is so awe inspiring. Mother Nature is incredible.

    ReplyDelete

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...