Thursday, February 1, 2024

I'm Pondering

 The 1868 rug is almost complete. I've been working on the binding. And I see a few spots that still need filled in. They are small, you probably can't really tell from the front. But I know. So I'll do some more fill-in. 

With that done I'm ready to move on to the next rug. So I'm pondering. 


Saundra of Woodland Junction posted this.


Lauren from Rugs and Pugs shared this with me.

I think I've narrowed it down to these two. Both are geometrics, both could use up worms. I would change up the colors on either one, using more browns and tans. For either one I'll have to draw up the pattern. Then I take it to a local blueprint shop and they enlarge it to whatever size I want for just a few dollars. 

Lauren and I were talking about our rugs. I mostly use lots of brown. I love browns and tans and creams. Lauren says she mostly make rugs with blacks and grays. And that's what makes these rugs so special. We personalize them to match us. There's no set rules to follow. I want to do a shout out to my local wool/rug hooking shop. Thanks Connie Bradley. Her shop is Wool Yankers in Wellington, Ohio. She's so sweet. And her shop has lots of wool and patterns and other do dads for great prices. 

We're headed into the weekend with temps in the high 40's. Gotta love winter in Ohio.
Sue

3 comments:

  1. Before you draw a pattern out wait for my blog post later today, there might be something else to catch your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh stop tempting me!!! My plans were to finish little Rudie and finally work on one of my ufo's.
    WOW!!! You have posted a lot this week. Keep it up. Always good to see one of your posts pop up on my feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your current rug. I love that hooking we can make any rug pattern to our liking
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...