Tuesday, April 23, 2024

A Few Finishes

 I haven't been extremely motivated in the sewing and hooking department. Once gardening season starts all else goes on the back burner.

These are quilts for donation to Snuggled in Hope. It's a summer camp for sick kids. 


Sunburst pattern with pinks in it for a girly quilt.


The backing is a sheet with a French theme.


This is sunburst for a boy. No pink, tried not to use flowery prints.


Isn't this frog print adorable?


The backing for this was a polka dotted sheet 


This last one I call a 64 patch. Each block has 64
1" squares. I used a different color solid for each block.




The backing is.... Another sheet. This is the first time my quilter has allowed me to use sheets. I can only use 100% cotton per her request. I mostly can find some flat sheets at the thrift store. This saves me a ton on money. 


I've begun gardening. The candy onions, broccoli, strawberries and potatoes have been planted. The broccoli is a request from Mac, my 6 year old grandson. 

I also have started prettifying the back yard along the fence. All that wood/fence is boring to look at. I'll include photos when I get more planted. 

Stay warm, stay safe. 
Sue 

3 comments:

  1. I truly admire you for all the quilts you make to be donated.
    64 patch??? Holy hell, woman. Just the thought of it makes my non-quilter head spin ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW how long did it take for you to do that block quilt? I could not have done that. Pretty quilts you made there. I agree the frog fabric is darling. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful quilts those sweet sick children will snuggle deep into them.
    I finished my winter clean up today but we are a bit to cold for planting yet.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Project on Hold. Again.

 Have you ever had to put a project on hold because you can't find all the needed items at the same time.?? Like this animal purse. When...