Thursday, April 25, 2024

Project on Hold. Again.

 Have you ever had to put a project on hold because you can't find all the needed items at the same time.??



Like this animal purse. When I was finished hooking I couldn't find the material I was saving to make the liner. Once (a month later) that I found the said material I couldn't find the pattern. I finally have been working on this some. 

Here's my problems:

1. The lining is a little too big, it's loose in there. And it wasn't the fabric I had been saving for this project. I've since found that. 

2. I still need to add pockets to the lining. What's a purse without pockets??

3. I don't have the right shade of brown wool yarn to whip the lining and outside of purse together.

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope again

This is the closest match, but it's not wool. 

4. It's going to need something in the bottom to spread out and hold the bottom of the purse flat.

This purse has been a three year long project so far, and it's still not done.

And then there's this quilt I'm working on, it's called Postcards from Sweden. I have enough half square triangles ( HST's). But I wanted just a bit more variation. So it got put on hold. I bought some different color solids. Now where, just where, is that blasted  die??



Here's my problem

1. Where's the Accuquilt die that I need? It's here, somewhere is this sewing room. 

Alas, I shall have to do some cleaning. 

I found that die. Want to guess where? It was right where it should have been, on the shelf with the other dies. Who knew I put it away??

Someday I'll get it all together. 

Sue

5 comments:

  1. That purse is just beyond cool. A long time in the making, but hopefully it will be done soon ;-)
    You have a die to cut triangles? Not being a quilter, whodda thunk?
    When you get it all together, please share how you did it. I don't think it is going to happen in my lifetime . . . sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree purses, even hooked ones, need pockets on both sides of the lining. Love the purse and the leather straps. And a quilt yet! You sure do have time intensive projects going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I love that purse but you must be so frustrated!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you will finish your purse as it looks fantastic. Keep us posted on how you finally finish it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely purses need pockets inside, several in fact. I hate it when things end up in a jumbled pile to root through to find what I'm looking for.
    Would it work to work the 2nd and 3rd yarns together as one? Color-wise they seem very close to the last option. Then I wonder if they would be to thick together.

    ReplyDelete

A New Purple Pillow

Lexi gave me this pillow when she was four years old. It is well loved. It's just the right size for sleeping on. This pillow has gone m...