Monday, August 5, 2024

We had a sale

 Last Friday Lauren and I participated in a sale hosted by Black Cat Primitives. I must say it was a lot of work to get ready for it. I had no idea what prices to put on things.

I grabbed a couple of pictures of Lauren's blog, Rugs and Pugs. 



We set up on Thursday, yet knowing it was going to rain that night. Luckily Lauren had a canopy that had sides. A few things got damp, but overall kept it all dry. 


This sweet kitty photo bombed my picture. 

I didn't sell as much as I had hoped. I hoped to sell almost everything. Lol. It was a letdown to bring so much stuff back home and shove it into the garage. But I did make enough to buy a Townsend cutter head #8 and half a box of wool that Lauren & I purchased. We did the one for you and one for me back and forth til the wool was divided. It was fun. And I got some colors that I may or may not hook with. 

So, all in all, a good sale. 

It's been a busy couple of weeks, the Millersburg retreat, followed by the Shipshewana hook-in, followed by the sale. I would like to rest, but school starts next week. I promised Mac a Lake Erie swim day and a hiking day. 

Have a wonderful week, Sue 

3 comments:

  1. I loved it when Betsy held the 'grab bag' sales of odds and ends. Those odd wool colors/textures really help make a rug look old so you may be surprised if you try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of the kitty photo bombing the booth.
    I don't think anyone ever sells out at a show. That would be a rare occurrence! Happy we did as well as we did with the sparse number of shoppers.
    Always such a good grandma. I know you and Mac will have great fun on your outings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you were able to sell some items. Booth looked good. Love the kitty. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Fall is upon us

 The nights are cooler, the days waiver between hot and chilly. I've built a couple fires in the wood burner. I have used the AC this we...