Friday, August 9, 2024

What I'm Working On

 I always have things started, sometimes things are "started" for years. 

I'm still working on this purse. The pattern was from Barb Carroll at the Woolley Fox. That tells you right there that it's older. Barb has passed and Katie Hartner now owns those patterns. I did start the lining, it needs a couple of pockets. 

Then there's the Birds in the Garden. This is my most recent start and put away. I started this last month at the Millersburg camp with Maria Barton. I had more hooked, then ripped most of it out. I need to decide what to put in the center. The original had horseshoes, but I don't like that. I'm still thinking a house or cabin, but smaller than it's drawn.


I started this at Millersburg as my "wait for my turn with the teacher" project. Then I worked on it some more at the Shipshewana hook-in. I haven't hooked on anything since then.


A simple heart hooked many years ago, 10+.


A Deanne Fitzpatrick pattern. I joined the pattern of the month club. So I have 12-15 smallish patterns. I have realized this isn't my style of hooking. I have at least one more of hers I couldn't find to photograph, a flower/poppy pattern I plan on making into a small purse.


I love this rug, but haven't finished it because.... I really want a braided border and I don't know how to do that. 


A tiny, I mean tiny purse. I believe this is an Ali Strebel pattern. It's real old, 20+ years old and on burlap.
 


A simple chair pad. 



I know of one more, a snowman. 

Phew, that's a lot. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you do have quite a few started and some so close to finish it would be a shame to put them back in the basket. Looking forward to some of those beauties completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was bad, but you have many more hooking wips than I do!!! Perhaps we need a 10 step program ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try so hard to not do that but I have maybe one or two started things. Like Saundra said you are so close on a few of them a shame to not finish.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to hook, but it seems to go by the wayside to other things. Love all of your pieces. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Fall is upon us

 The nights are cooler, the days waiver between hot and chilly. I've built a couple fires in the wood burner. I have used the AC this we...