Wednesday, August 14, 2024

What I'm Working On

After I made that list last week I said, "Well Sue, you best get busy". So I've been hooking a little bit each day. I'm working on the turkey pattern from Bird in Hand Primitives. I rehooked a couple of areas and I added more berries. 

This is where I was at last week. 


And this is today. I still have a bit of background and the turkey's wing. I hopefully will finish it this week. But, I'm thinking of adding a couple of rows of a darker brown to the borders to frame it. What'd think about that?



While perusing the internet this week one of my friends came across this. 

Wowzers, isn't this the same turkey? Is it from an "antique" rug? Is Mavis Butterfield using Robin's drawing? If so, she did not credit her. And the price. Oh my, I wish I could get that kind of $$ for my rugs. 

So it leads me to more questions. Why is it alright to sell quilting or needlework patterns after using, but not rug hooking patterns?? Inquiring minds want to know. 


3 comments:

  1. You got so much done on the turkey rug!!! I kind of like it without the border, but you know what opinions are like!!! You will probably do it and it will look amazing.
    I wish I could get half that much for my rugs. I'd think I died and went to heaven...but being an "unknown" that will never happen.
    I have the same questions as you do about quilting and needlework patterns vs rug hooking patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well technically you are NOT suppose to sell any pattern. I use to be a pattern maker and copyrighted each of my designs...then I found others using my design and changing it up a bit and calling it theirs. I had to pay $50 for each copyright and it irritated me that others could copy my pattern and make money from it...so much so I stopped. Love your turkey! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that pattern is pretty close! I think you must decide what you want to add. We have just had this conversation in our little group 3 different ideas so she chose what she liked.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Fall is upon us

 The nights are cooler, the days waiver between hot and chilly. I've built a couple fires in the wood burner. I have used the AC this we...