Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Not a Downed Tree

 But a downed clothesline pole. I figure it's due to the excessive rain we've had. Inches and then some more inches. 

The clothesline falling over was just waiting to happen. Upon inspection it had dry rot. There wasn't much of the post in the ground. I don't use my clothesline often, but it's great to hang out quilts and blankets.



The other thing that fell was a sunflower plant. 



Most of my sunflowers are over 10 feet tall. And most of them came up on their own. I've been growing sunflowers for a couple of years. I let the birds peck at them then throw the heads into my garden in the fall. The gold finches absolutely love them. I only got one plant from the new seed packet I planted this spring. 


The other freebie plants include a couple of pumpkins and some cherry tomatoes. I had to harvest a couple of pumpkins already as the vine was dying. And it's way to early to decorate for fall. 

It didn't rain today. Mac and his dad went fishing. Mac caught 20 fish. Not bad for his first time. Look at that smile.


Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment