Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Two Hearts

 I decided my next rug will be an antique reproduction of "Two Hearts". My granddaughter drew it from a picture I sent her. Thanks Lexi. 


I took the drawing to the print store and she enlarged it for me. I wanted it 28" in length, which gave a height of 26".



I use a drywall repair product to trace the paper pattern. I believe it is called Quick stop or crack stop. I purchased it at Menards. 






I drew a straight line on the linen and then matched up the line on the pattern. Smooth it out to get any wrinkles out, then draw onto the screen product using a sharpie. 





Trim the linen. I ended up with a bit of excess. Lauren told me this is not her favorite linen to use after I bought either 2 or 3 yards. This is the first I'm using it, it does seem a bit stiffer than the primitive linen I usually use.



I zigzagged it because I don't have a serger. I go around twice, varying the stitch length and width on the second time around. 


And here it is ready to go. In less than an hour I have a new pattern ready to hook. I also zigzagged and measured the extra piece so it's ready to go too. 

Let the hooking commence.
Sue

2 comments:

  1. Yours and my prep is pretty much the same (no serger here, either) except I use window screen.
    Can't wait to follow along. Now you won't be able to say you have nothing to blog about...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait to see your progress on this. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Fall is upon us

 The nights are cooler, the days waiver between hot and chilly. I've built a couple fires in the wood burner. I have used the AC this we...