Saturday, June 29, 2024

All is Well

 It's just been a long time since I posted. Mostly it's because I feel like I lead a fairly boring life and don't have much to share. I garden, both flowers and vegetables, I make quilts, I make hooked rugs, I bake, I cook. I spend a lot of time with my grandchildren. I don't travel much, I don't shop much, I am very much a homebody.

I did it again. I misplaced a pattern I bought with intention of making it into a rug. I cleaned my sewing room and put stuff away. I thought it was in my hooking cupboard, but I sure can't find it. It's a Maggie Bonanomi pattern, Old Settlement.

So I've been sewing. This quilt is for a friend's birthday on Monday. I finished sewing down the binding today. Just in time. I hope she likes it. It's too bright for my liking. But not everyone likes dull and primitive.

This one was made all from my stash/scraps. I like it when I can use up things I already have. It is the Pineapple Blossom pattern, a freebie on Bonnie Hunter's blog. 

Lucy, my 15 year old cat, was outside with me as I took photos. She's not a lovely kind of cat, that is unless she wants petted. 


While outside I took a few photos of my flowers in my front yard. I usually trim off all the hosta flowers. I don't care for them. But these look pretty today.

These flowers are in an old copper washtub. I moved that tub from Ohio to Georgia, then back to Ohio. It's got a lovely green patina. 


Lauren gave me this old broken trellis. I love garden junk. I'm training a black eyed Susan vine to grow up it. It's in a planter box I use to hide the garbage can. 



I hope y'all enjoy the weekend and the upcoming Independence Day activities. 

Sue

6 comments:

  1. Good heavens woman, you have a more exciting life than I do. I have flowers that grow but I certainly don't garden to care for them like I should and like you do. I also hook and don't quilt now but still manage to throw a few words together for my blog. Am sure you'd be surprised at what you could conjure up to write about. Happy hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what Lauren tells me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello stranger. Nice to have you back!!!
    Boring is good...great actually ;-)
    Thanks for telling everyone I give you broken things...lol...but it looks great as does all your yard. That pink begonia is gorgeous. And that old copper washtub...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I don't remember seeing it.
    I'm sure your friend will cherish the quilt. A little bright for my taste, but absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have the applique pattern and want to make it into a rug pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The life of a homemaker is the best life of all, not boring at all. I know what you mean, by feeling like you have nothing to blog about. I feel the same way as my everyday life, even though very busy is redundant. So I put off posting and then the news gets old. lol...
    Your begonias and geraniums are gorgeous. That trellis will not show it's missing part when the vine takes over. I hope you'll show us picture when it's covering the trellis.
    Happy 4th of July.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful flowers. Seems like we all have a life outside of blogging. How nice to have a cat tht old. Our Shadow turns 11 tomorrow. Janice

    ReplyDelete

All is Well

 It's just been a long time since I posted. Mostly it's because I feel like I lead a fairly boring life and don't have much to s...